Private Plan Change 78 (PPC78) was lodged on 3 December 2019 by Mangawhai Central Limited. PPC78 seeks to rezone 130ha of land contained within the Estuary Estates Structure Plan of the operative Kaipara District Plan 2013 (the District Plan), PPC78 area comprises of 83 Molesworth Drive, and Lots 1 and 4 DP 314200 Old Waipu Road, Mangawhai.
PPC78 seeks the following changes to the existing Estuary Estates Structure Plan are shown in the PPC78 Zoning Map. These include:
- Retain the Estuary Estates zone at 83 Molesworth Drive.
- Amend Business 1 sub-zone to match its extent to the amended Estuary Estates Structure Plan and reduce its size to 5.32 ha from 7.5 ha.
- Delete sub-zones 2, 4, 5 and 6.
- Create new Residential sub-zones 3A, 3B, 3C and 3D replacing existing sub-zones 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6.
- Amend Service 7 sub-zone to align with the ring road route outlined in the amended Estuary Estates Structure Plan which increases its size from 7.5 ha to 8.03 ha.
- Create a new integrated residential development overlay over the new Residential 3A sub-zone.
- Rezone Lots 1 and 4 DP 314200 from Residential to the new Residential 3B and 3C sub-zones, and new Natural Environment 8 sub-zone.
- The existing Estuary Estates Structure Plan requires an update to reflect the new network for roads, walking, cycling, flood areas and natural area corridors, and new town centre and open space area. This is shown in PPC78 Structure Plan.
PPC78 also requires changes to the provisions of Chapter 16 of the District Plan. Modifications to Chapter 16 pertain to the Estuary Estates description, zones, objectives, policies, rules and/or other methods to provide for the development of the site.
All existing Estuary Estates Structure Plan maps are to be removed and replaced with those proposed under PPC78, once a decision is issued for PPC78. The map amendments relate to Maps 17, 54, 55, 56 and 56A, along with deletion of Appendix E Estuary Estates Sub-Zones.
No other changes to the District Plan are proposed outside of Chapter 16.
- Private Plan Change Request
- Clause 23
- Clause 25
- Public Notice
- See full submissions received by Council.
Submissions have been received from 199 people by the closing date of 28 May 2020 and have been summarised with the best interpretation of each submission. 9 late submissions have been received since the notification period closed. A decision on whether the late submissions will be accepted will be made by the Hearings Panel at the hearing for PPC78.
In Part A, the summaries of the submissions have these listed under the Submitter’s name in alphabetical order.
In Part B, the summaries of submissions have been classified into particular categories or issues (for example traffic and pedestrian matters, providing for commercial activities in Mangawhai etc) so that a person who may wish to make a further submission on a particular issue can see what issues he/she may wish to support or oppose.
The Hearing is scheduled to commence on 23 November 2020 – 25 November 2020. Subject to the final numbers of confirmed attendees, the Hearing will proceed over subsequent days and you will be advised of your scheduled attendance time and date at least 5 days prior to 23 November 2020.
The public are welcome to attend the entire hearing.
The Mangawhai Domain Hall
75 Moir Street, Mangawhai
Please note: No catering to be supplied, please provide your own food and refreshments.
More information on the Hearing: