The Mangawhai Community Wastewater Scheme (MCWWS) Extension Project
The MCWWS services part of the Mangawhai Drainage District through a reticulated network of pipes connecting properties to the treatment plant. A further network of pipes connects the plant to a holding dam on Browns Road Farm.
Disposal occurs through a further network of pipes on the Farm that distributes treated water on fields covering part of available farmland. The capacity of the plant can cater for about twice the number of current connections. Disposal capacity through the current irrigation reticulation is at its limit. In order to increase connections to the plant, the reticulation needs to be extended to other parts of the drainage area and the disposal capacity needs to also increase.
There are a number of options for how the reticulation network is extended, how the capacity for disposal is increased and how the extension is funded.
There is a significant amount of information regarding the system, to the left you can see historical information about the EcoCare system, below are a selection of reports.
WSP Opus Reports
- WSP Opus - Summary report (Stage 1) (pub. 10/09/2018)
- WSP Opus – Development of solutions (Stage 2) (pub. 18/12/2018)
- WSP Opus – Mangawhai Wastewater treatment – Disposal Field Irrigation Assessment (pub. 11/02/2019)
- WSP Opus – Mangawhai Community Wastewater treatment Plant: Future Options Development (pub. 28/11/2019)
- WSP Opus – Mangawhai Wastewater Strategy Workshop presentation (pub. 22/05/2020)
Harrison Grierson Effluent Disposal
- Addendum 1 – Disposal Options Study (pub. 4/6/15)
- Addendum 2 – WWTP Capacity assessment and upgrade costs (pub. 4/5/2015)
- Addendum 3 - Golf Course MEDLI Modelling and Wetland Disposal (BMT WBM Pty Ltd) (pub. 3/6/2015)
Kaipara District Council
- MCWWS Wastewater Network Extension Report (pub. 11/12/2014)
- Mangawhai Wastewater Scheme Strategy and Options Report (pub. 11/08/2017)
- Reclaimed water study