How do I apply for a Building Consent?
As of 01 April 2019 Kaipara District Council has gone digital.
You must apply online (you can find an appropriate checklist here Form 2(R) or Form 2 (C)) It would be an advantage to provide details of the Licensed Building Practitioners (LBPs) to be used for each stage of the project.
On receipt of your application, our Technical Services Team will vet your plans to ensure all relevant information has been provided.
Please note: this is not a technical assessment but merely a check to ensure all necessary information has been provided.
On receipt of your application, and if after vetting, all information necessary has been provided along with your fees, the clock will start the next working day. If your application is declined, it will be returned to you with a list advising the type of information that is required.
How long is my Building Consent valid for?
Building Consents are valid for 12 months from the date of issue. Work must have commenced within the 12 months or the Building Consent shall lapse requiring a new application.
If the project has been delayed, it may be possible to apply for an extension to this time. (Extension of Time for Building Work)
What sort of Information do I need?
Building Consent applications can be complex; we recommend that you engage a professional person to help with design work and drawings. Each application must be accompanied by:
- set of plans and specifications;
- if applicable, one set of engineering calculations, accompanied by Producer Statement Design PS1;
- wall bracing calculations and, if applicable, a Producer Statement Design Review PS2;
- if applicable, an E2 risk matrix (demonstrating weathertightness features);
- and the fee.
For more detailed information refer to the Building Consent checklists below
- Checklist for Residential (pdf) and Checklist for Residential (Word)
- Checklist for Commercial (pdf) and Checklist for Commercial (Word)
- Private Waste Water System Checklist (pdf) and Private Waste Water System Checklist (Word)
- Solid Fuel Heater (Fire Place) Checklist (pdf) and Solid Fuel Heater (Fire Place) Checklist (Word)