Kia ora koutou katoa,
Thank you for proving goods and services to the Kaipara District. In order to work with Council, you must become a Council supplier by completing the new supplier form (please email completed form and supporting documents to email@example.com). By completing the form, you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions.
When entering into a business transaction with you, it is our responsibility to supply you with a valid purchase reference. This can be in the form of a purchase order (PO) number, or Contract number.
It is your responsibility not to supply goods and/or services unless you receive a valid purchase reference except in an emergency works situation. We use an automated system and as such will not be able to process your invoice for payment without a valid PO reference.
If you have not received your purchase order or contract number, please contact the person that you have been working with at Kaipara District Council to request this information.
Invoices that do not display a 6-digit council PO number are unable to be processed and will be returned from 01 February 2021.
Please see below some general information to assist you with these changes, we appreciate that this may be a bit of a change for some of our suppliers, so please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any queries and we will happily assist.
The following requirements will help ensure that your invoice moves through our system without delay.
- Invoice(s) requires our full name and address for processing. Please use:
Kaipara District Council
Private Bag 1001
- Invoice(s) require your full legal name and address
- Invoice(s) require your GST number
- Invoice(s) must contain the words ‘Tax Invoice’ if you are registered for GST. ‘Invoice’ or ‘GST Invoice’ are not acceptable due to IRD requirements
- An approved Kaipara District Council 6 digit purchase order number must be recorded on every invoice;
- Only one purchase order number per invoice please
- Invoice(s) require your bank account details in order to make payments
- Credit notes must reference the original invoice number and include the relevant purchase order number
- Any supporting documents (i.e. spreadsheet detailing invoice amounts or disbursement receipts) should be included in the same pdf attachment as your invoice in a single email
- One invoice per PDF attachment (PDF is preferred if possible)
- If the goods or services you provide Kaipara District Council are subject to Scheduler Payments, withholding tax or non-resident, withholding tax will be deducted prior to payment of your invoice. Prior to payment, valid Tax Code Declarations (IR330) or IRD Tax Exemptions are required in these instances. See IRD website for further detail (www.ird.govt.nz/income-tax/withholding-taxes/schedular-payments).
Note: that if any of these requirements are not met, this could delay the processing of your invoice, which in turn may affect payment.
Where to send your invoice
Send your invoices, credit notes and statements to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc your Kaipara District Council contact if required.
When to send your invoice
Invoices should reach us by the second working day of the month following when goods/services were supplied (or sent immediately after work is competed). Invoices must be dated in the month the goods or service was supplied.
Update your details
To update your supplier details please email email@example.com. It is the supplier’s responsibility to keep their details up to date. If you bank account number has changed, we require written documentation such as a deposit slip or company letter to confirm this. From time to time Kaipara District Council may request your supplier details to be reconfirmed.
Sending Invoices by Post
Invoices should only be sent by post if they cannot be emailed. Please do not send both.
Please mail to the below address:
Kaipara District Council
Private Bag 1001
For Accounts Payable queries regarding your invoice, payment or refund, contact us on 0800 727 059 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For new suppliers, please email email@example.com.