Hairdressing salons

Before you open a hairdressing salon, you need a certificate of registration from Council. The certificate of registration shows that your salon complies with the structural and sanitary requirements set out through the Government's Health (Hairdressers) Regulations 1980.

If you are taking over an existing hairdressing business, you may also require a Building Consent if you intend to change the existing building.

The following are forms and information to assist you:

Please refer to the current fees and charges register for costs relating to registering and operating a food business.