What kind of personal information does Kaipara District Council collect?
The personal information we collect may include your name, date of birth, addresses, email address, telephone numbers, gender, information on your use of our services or facilities and any other information provided by you in connection with, or specifically related to your communications with us or, your use of our services or facilities.
Collecting your information
- We may collect personal information about you when you or someone acting on your behalf provides information to us directly.
- We may collect personal information about you from other organisations, entities or persons.
- When you visit one of our websites, we may use technology solutions such as “cookies” to provide you with better access to tailored information and services on the websites and to better serve you when you return to them.
- Our internet service providers may also make a record of your visit and log information for statistical purposes. This information is only analysed on a bulk basis for broad demographic content. Individual use is not analysed. We do not attempt to identify users or their browsing activities unless they choose to give us personal information while using our website.
- The Council operates CCTV cameras at various locations through the district including Council front offices, Kaipara Kennels and the Taharoa Domain. Detailed locations can be found in our CCTV Policy.
- Signage advising of CCTV equipment will give notice of areas covered by such equipment. CCTV footage will only be viewed by authorised people in accordance with the purpose noted above or for the purposes of regularly checking the system is operational. No attempt is made to identify individuals from CCTV footage except in relation to a reported or suspected incident requiring investigation.
Who you can contact for further information?
Closed Circuit Television
“Closed Circuit Television” (CCTV) is used in our two front receptions in Mangawhai and Dargaville, and Dargaville Library.
Signage advising of CCTV equipment will give notice of areas covered by such equipment. CCTV footage will only be viewed by authorised people in accordance with the purpose noted above or for the purposes of regularly checking the system is operational. No attempt is made to identify individuals from CCTV footage except in relation to a reported or suspected incident requiring investigation.
Credit Card Information Security Policy
Recording Phone Calls
In an effort to provide excellent customer service to our district we record all telephone calls received in our customer service centre, including calls outside of business hours. Recording phone calls will assist;
- with staff training and the improvement of the quality of customer service to the District;
- to ensure the information we provide is consistent and accurate;
- by providing support to transactions that may occur over the phone;
- in providing an accurate record of any transaction, dispute or query.
We understand the importance of protecting your personal information and we are committed to doing so under the Privacy Principles governed by the Privacy Act 2020. As a local authority we only retain personal information as long as it is required and only for the purposes for which the information may lawfully be used.
Links to External Sites
For your convenience this website contains links to other sites that are external to the Council and are not under the control of the Council. While the Council takes reasonable care in selecting linked sites, the inclusion of any such link does not imply endorsement, investigation or verification by the Council of the linked site. The Council is not responsible for, and makes no representations, warranties or conditions concerning the contents or operation of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. It is your responsibility to make your own decisions about the accuracy, currency, reliability and correctness of information contained in linked external sites.
Conditions of Use
The preparation and provision of the information on this website has been made in good faith from a number of sources that are believed to be reliable. While all due care has been taken, Kaipara District Council does not give any warranty that any information contained is accurate. Kaipara District Council does not invite any visitor to this website to act upon any information within this website.
Products and services names used on this site are assumed to be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies and should be contacted for usage.
© Kaipara District Council 1999. The information on this site is copyrighted by Kaipara District Council. All rights reserved. Externally sourced content or material is copyright to the respective provider. Links to our pages must clearly reveal that they belong to our site. Representing our pages in subframes is prohibited.