High Productivity Motor Vehicle and 50MAX Permits

All 50 max permits are applied for via the NZTA website or email application to info@50max.govt.nz   

If the applicant requires a special permission permit for bridges that are currently non 50max complaint the applicant can complete a standard overweight Application Form and submit this to council@kaipara.govt.nz  with their approved 50max permit issued by NZTA attached to the application form. 

These permits will be reviewed on a case by case basis.  We suggest applicants allow as much processing time and plan ahead where possible to avoid disappointment.  To assist us in attaining a comprehensive database Council has introduced a fee for the processing of permits.  Please note that Council will only charge for approved permits. 

The cost per permit can be found in the latest fees and charges currently adopted by council.  Council is not currently issuing area wide permits, only route specific.