We want to know what you think about projects and issues that affect our district
We rely on you to get involved and have your say on the future of your community. Your input, ideas and suggestions will help us with our decisions.
Tell us what you think
Current consultations -
Long Term Plan 2021-2031
This month we’ll be at a few markets around Kaipara starting some conversations about our Long Term Plan 2021 – 2031.
You’ll have a chance to talk to our elected members about where Kaipara is heading in the next 10 years.
We’ll be at the:
- Paparoa Market, Saturday 17 October 2020 from 9am,
- Mangawhai Beach & Country Market, Mangawhai Domain, Sunday 25 October 2020, from 9am
- Dargaville Twilight Market, Northern Wairoa Boating Club, Friday 23 October 2020 5.00pm - 8.00pm.
Private Plan Change 78 - Estuary Estates/Mangawhai Central
- Mangawhai Domain Hall
75 Moir Street, Mangawhai
23 -25 November 2020
Mangawhai Speed Review – Kaiwaka (Hakaru) and Kaiwaka West (Oneriri Road and Oruawhara Road)
We are currently reviewing speed limits in the Mangawhai-Kaiwaka (Hakaru) and Kaiwaka West (Oneriri Road and Oruawhara Road) catchment area. As part of the review, we are seeking community feedback on the Proposed Speed Limits before we make any final decisions.
The submission period opens on 29th October and closes at 5pm on 18th December 2020.
Drop-in information sessions will be held at the following locations (subject to Covid-19 health restrictions):
- 12th November at the Hakaru Hall on Settlement Road between 12noon and 2pm
- 17th November at the Mangawhai Senior Citizens Hall – Fagan Place – between 4pm and 6pm
- 18th November at Kaiwaka Memorial Hall between 4pm and 6pm
- 19th November at Mangawhai Library Hall between 4pm and 6pm
Dangerous, Affected and Insanitary Buildings Policy
Councils are required to have a Dangerous, Affected and Insanitary Buildings Policy (Section 131 of the Building Act 2004 (the Act)) that determines:
- the approach Council will take in performing its statutory functions under the Act
- Council's priorities in performing those functions
- how the policy will apply to heritage buildings.
Read more information on submit on the Dangerous, Affected and Insanitary Buildings Policy.