Open for applications now until 12pm Friday 22 December 2017.
Important please note: Due to a recent review of the MELA funding policy there will be no funding round in 2018. The next funding round will be aligned with all Council community assistance funding in June 2019.
The Mangawhai Endowment Lands Account (MELA) is managed under the Mangawai Lands Empowering Act 1966 [sic]. MELA was created on dissolution of the Mangawhai Harbour Board, which had significant assets in the Mangawhai area. On dissolution, the cash and income from land assets not transferred to the Northland Harbour Board for port purposes, were invested to provide grant funding for county purposes that benefit or tend to benefit the district (that being a defined area).
- The project or service that the funding is requested for must meet the criteria under the Mangawai Lands Empowering Act 1966 [sic]:
- Funds must benefit or tend to benefit the district, that being a defined area (see map);
- In keeping with the Act, applications that enhance and/or protect the Mangawhai Harbour and surrounds will be given more favourable consideration.
- Applicants’ principal functions and/or activities must be of a not‑for‑profit nature.
- The service or project proposed is not already provided by another group or agency.
- Organisations are to be registered as an Incorporated Society or under the umbrella of one.
- Only one grant per organisation will be available in any financial year.
Full assessment criteria (including map) can be found here
An application form can be found here.
Please email completed applications to: email@example.com or post them to: Private Bag 1001, Dargaville 0340.
Once applications close, applications are reviewed and the Committee meet to make their decisions. Following this applicants are notified of the outcome.
For more information about previous or upcoming meetings please use the below links.
For information on MELA contact Annie van der Plas on 0800 727 059 or email firstname.lastname@example.org