Kaipara District Council's roads network provides accessibility to the residents and visitors within a safe and clean environment.
The services cover the provision and maintenance of the physical components; roads, footpaths, bridges and other structures (e.g. street furniture), lighting, drainage, traffic services and safety (e.g. signage), as well as the planning and management to ensure the network is safe and able to cope with future needs.
Council's Roads and Footpaths Asset consists of 1,570km of formed roads (446km sealed and 1,124km unsealed), 353 bridges, 88km of footpaths and walkways, 1,136 streetlights, 6,687 traffic signs, and 13,612 culverts. Included in the Asset Management are:
- The maintenance and construction of roads, pedestrian paths and accessways.
- The maintenance of the road reserve including mowing, sweeping, cleaning and weedspraying.
- The maintenance of traffic services including lighting, signs, roadmarking, road name plates and furniture.
- The resealing of the network, rehabilitation and renewal construction, as well as minor safety projects.
- The development of the transportation and traffic networks.