See the Public Notice (Kaipara Lifestyler, 19 May 2020 Edition)
The Local Government (Rating) Act 2002 requires councils to prepare a Rating Information Database (RID). The database must include the following, in relation to each rating unit within Kaipara District:
- all information that relates to the unit that is included in the District valuation roll for the District; and
- all information that relates to the unit that is required to:
- determine the category to which the unit belongs for setting a general rate
- determine the category to which the unit belongs for setting a targeted rate
- calculate the amount of liability for a targeted rate.
In accordance with Section 27(7) (b) of the Act, the Northland Regional Council has delegated the functions of maintaining the database to Kaipara District Council.
Pursuant to section 28(4) of the Local Government (Rating) Act 2002 that the Kaipara District rating information database is now available for inspection during normal business hours at Council offices at:
- 42 Hokianga Road, Dargaville
- Unit 6, Molesworth Drive Mangawhai
- Northland Regional Council, Water Street, Whangārei
Any ratepayer may object in writing to the information contained in the database on one or more of the following grounds that:
- a rating unit included in the District valuation roll has been omitted from the database
- information included in the District valuation roll has been omitted from, or inaccurately entered in, the database
- information included in the database, other than information entered from the District valuation roll, is incorrect
- there has been a failure to enter a lawful amendment to the District valuation roll into the database.
Objections may be lodged at any of the above locations or by posting to Kaipara District Council, Private Bag 1001, Dargaville 0340. Following consideration, Council will notify the objector of its decision and correct the Rating Information Database where the objection is upheld.