See the Public Notice (Kaipara Lifestyler, 23 May 2023 Edition)
The Local Government (Rating) Act 2002 requires councils to prepare a Rating Information Database (RID). The RID contains district wide valuation details including services available or connected, property rating classifications and any current targeted rates the property may be liable for. The purpose of the RID is to allow people to check what rate types and differentials have been applied to their account for a particular rating year. The figures displayed on the RID should not be used as confirmation of the actual rates charged/payable on a property but are indicative of proposed future rates at a given point in time.
The database must include the following, in relation to each rating unit within Kaipara District:
- all information that relates to the unit that is included in the District valuation roll for the District; and
- all information that relates to the unit that is required to:
- determine the category to which the unit belongs for setting a general rate
- determine the category to which the unit belongs for setting a targeted rate
- calculate the amount of liability for a targeted rate.
Kaipara District Council’s RID is available for public viewing here and at the locations below. There is no fee to view the database.
The database is available for inspection during normal business hours:
Any ratepayer may object in writing to the information contained in the database on one or more of the following grounds that:
- a rating unit included in the District valuation roll has been omitted from the database
- information included in the District valuation roll has been omitted from, or inaccurately entered in, the database
- information included in the database, other than information entered from the District valuation roll, is incorrect
- there has been a failure to enter a lawful amendment to the District valuation roll into the database.
Objections may be lodged at any of the above locations or by posting to Kaipara District Council, Private Bag 1001, Dargaville 0340. Following due consideration the Council will notify the objector of its decision and correct the Rating Information Database where the objection is upheld.