Operating a camping ground

In accordance with the Camping Ground Regulations 1985, if you operate a camping ground, you must be registered with the Council.

A camping ground licence is renewable on an annual basis, and a renewal reminder letter will be sent out prior to the required renewal date.

Camping grounds preparing and selling food products to the public are also required to register under the Food Act 2014 and follow the processes described in setting up a new food business.

Call us at Environmental Health on 0800 727 059 to discuss your plans before opening a new camping ground.

Application to register a new campground

Please refer to our current fees and charges for costs relating to registering and operating a campground and/or food business.