Kaipara District Council has a vision of a district;
- with welcoming and strong communities,
- with plenty of active outdoor opportunities that have,
- a trust that Council will make good decisions for the future.
To achieve this vision, we must;
- assist and support communities to become more involved in what they see as priority in their communities, that
- we maintain and improve our infrastructure and that we,
- recognise and support achievement. We also must,
- partner with our communities to develop sports and recreation facilities ensure that we also
- protect and enhance our natural assets and open spaces. We cannot forget that it’s also about,
- making it simpler to work with us,
- always be open, transparent and engaging with our communities and businesses,
- with the intent on lifting Kaipara’s wellbeing.
What the Community Team have been doing since 201X is going into our communities and asking them what they see for their area, and what they saw as their priorities. It was their visions that we have been working to, and you will see in some of our success stories how wonderful they have been to be a part of.
The Community Team continues to work alongside these communities to help realise their aspirations. Some of the projects are:
- Te Kopuru Domain’s Community Space
- Baylys Beach Beautification
- Dargaville Placemaking
- Kaiwaka Township Improvement
- Mangawhai Woods Street Revitalisation
Below you will find the communities original visions (Action Plans)
- Wood Street Shops, Mangawhai
- Paparoa / Matakohe
- Te Kopuru
- Kelly’s Bay
- Glinks Gully
- Mangawhai Village Shops
To discuss these Community Visions, or to talk to us about bring a Community Conversation to your town feel free to call;
Lara on: firstname.lastname@example.org or 021 438 719 or Gail on: email@example.com.