Nove-L - Northern virtual e-Library (OverDrive)Nove-L – Northern virtual e-Library is a collaborative venture between several public libraries in the upper North Island of New Zealand offering access to quality digital content for their local communities. The OverDrive service is a free digital media platform which allows you to download eBooks and audiobooks. Members of Kaipara’s libraries can access OverDrive through the Nove-L website.
Getting startedThe first time you use our OverDrive collection, you will need to download some free software to your computer or mobile device (please note that Library eBook downloads are not compatible with Kindle at this time).
You will only need to download software the first time you use OverDrive or if you want to use a new device to access your eBooks and audiobooks.
|To access the OverDrive website click on the logo and log-in using your library card number and PIN. If you do not yet have a PIN please contact the library so staff can set one up for you.
Follow the steps in the Quick Start Guide under the Help – link section on our Nove-L OverDrive site homepage and set yourself up, ready to download your choice of eBooks and audiobooks.
• An internet (or wi-fi) connected computer or mobile device
BorrowBox - Virtual e-Library
Getting startedThe first time you use our BorrowBox collection, you will need to download some free software to your computer or mobile device (please note that library eBook downloads are not compatible with Kindle at this time).
You will only need to download software the first time you use Borrowbox or if you want to use a new device to access your eBooks and audiobooks.
What you will need
• to be a member of Kaipara libraries with a valid library card number and PIN.
• a computer, smart phone or tablet with an internet connection
Please note: Amazon Kindle eReaders are not a compatible device for BorrowBox.
• The Borrowbox Library app or software (Adobe Digital Editions) so you can read DRM protected eBooks and listen to eAudiobooks on mobile devices or computer.
What you can do• Download eBook or audiobooks from home at any time.
• Transfer eBook titles to your computer or portable devices such as e-readers and smartphones. eBooks are compatible with most e-readers and mobile devices except Kindles.
• Transfer audio titles to your computer or portable devices such as an MP3 player or iPod.
• No overdue charges - the items self-expire or you can return eBooks early if you have finished with them.