Nove-L - Northern virtual e-LibraryNove-L – Northern virtual e-Library is a collaborative venture between several public libraries in the upper North Island of
New Zealand offering access to quality digital content for their local communities. The OverDrive service is a free digital media platform which allows you to download eBooks and audiobooks. Members of Kaipara’s Libraries can access OverDrive through the Nove-L website.
The Nove-L Libraries are: Kaipara, Far North, Hauraki, Gisborne, Kawerau, Matamata-Piako, Otorohanga, South Waikato, Waitomo and Whangarei.
Getting StartedThe first time you use our OverDrive collection, you will need to download some free software to your computer or mobile device. (Please note that Library eBook downloads are not compatible with the Kindle at this time.)
You will only need to download software the first time you use OverDrive or if you want to use a new device to access your eBooks and audiobooks.
What you will need• An internet (or wifi) connected computer or mobile device [note you cannot use computers in the library to download Overdrive titles, but you can use our wifi to download to your mobile device].
• Your library card and PIN. If you do not yet have a PIN please contact the Library so staff can set one up for you.
• Free software for PC or Mac: Adobe Digital Editions (eBooks) and/or OverDrive Media Console (audiobooks) - available here.
• Free software for iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad or Android - available from the Apple App Store or Android market. Get them here.
What you can do• Download eBook or audiobooks from home at any time.
• Transfer eBook titles to your computer or portable devices such e-readers and smartphones. eBooks are compatible with most e-readers and mobile devices except Kindles.
• Transfer audio titles to your computer or portable devices such as an MP3 player or iPod.
• Burn some audiobook titles to disc.
• No overdue charges— the items self-expire or you can return eBooks early if you have finished with them.
BorrowBox - Virtual e-Library
The first time you use our BorrowBox collection, you will need to download some free software to your computer or mobile device. (Please note that Library eBook downloads are not compatible with the Kindle at this time.)
|To access the BorrowBox website click on the logo and log-in using your Library card number and PIN. If you do not yet have a PIN please contact the Library so staff can set one up for you.
Follow the steps in the Quick Start Guide under the Help – link section on our BorrowBox Bolinda site homepage and set yourself up, ready to download your choice of eBooks and audiobooks.