How do I apply for a Dargaville Library card?
It is easy to join the library and free for Kaipara residents and ratepayers over the age of 16*.
1. Personal identification that has your name and signature. These include:
All you need is:
2. Proof of address less than three months old – such as:
- New Zealand Driver’s Licence
- Community Services Card
- Current Passport
3. A completed adult library card application form - which is to be signed in front of a staff member.
- an account or invoice
- a letter from a Government authority e.g. WINZ
- a bank printout
- a tenancy agreement
Please visit our library to complete your registration at the counter.
Junior Membership - Young people and children who are under 16.
Click here for more information about Junior membership.
- If you are 15 or under you can join the Dargaville library as a Junior member. Simply pop into the library and fill out a Junior membership form with your name and address, or bring in a completed form if you already have one.
- This is all free.
- Once you have signed up you can enjoy borrowing from the library!
- If your family are already library members you can still ask for your own junior membership card! Just enquire at the front desk.
Out of district Membership
If you live outside the Kaipara District, you can join by paying for different subscriptions.
We have three options available:
Visitors 3 month subscription: $20.00 ($10.00 refundable at the end of subscription); limit 10 items per card.
6 month subscription $15.00
12 month subscription $30.00
Ask staff for more details on joining criteria.
Apply for joining community libraries in Mangawhai, Kaiwaka, Maungaturoto and Paparoa?
- Please contact Community Libraries for their joining criteria.
- Please check FAQ for more information about using services in community libraries and Dargaville library.
1. Your library card is your personal responsibility
When you sign your borrowers application form you are agreeing to:
- Return all material in good condition;
- Pay for any damaged or lost items;
- Pay any late return fees;
- Notify the library of any change of contact details;
- Notify the library if your card is lost or stolen.
2. Using your card
Always bring your card when you come to the library. You need your card to:
- Borrow items;
- Renew items;
- Check your file;
- Use Free public computers in the Dargaville Library
- Access Free E-books and E-magazines
3. Your responsibilities
- Look after your card! If you lose it you will have to pay a fee to obtain another card. See Fees and Charges.
- Please inform the library if your address or telephone number change or if your card is lost or stolen.
- DO NOT lend your card to anyone and do not lend items borrowed out on your card.
- DO bring any damaged items to the attention of staff. Please do not try to mend the item yourself.
- DO bring your card when you visit.