Believes Council should be run for the benefit of the ratepayers and residents.
- Kaiwaka - Mangawhai Ward
- 021 185 8389
I have been involved in Kaipara district all my life and own property at Kaiwaka and Mangawhai. I believe Council should be run for the benefit of the ratepayers and residents. I have farming, forestry and land development experience, and twenty years’ service as a professional firefighter and station officer. I have Bachelor of Science and Master of Business Administration (first class honours) degrees from Massey University, and am a chair-endorsed Resource Management Act Commissioner.
My key focuses on Council are –
1. Supporting local projects – helping local communities get maximum benefit from Council funds.
2. Keeping you informed – regularly communicating issues in local newspapers and social media.
3. Ensuring transparency – pushing for Council meetings, workshops and debate to be in public.
4. Holding Council to account – insisting on fair processes when you deal with Council, and getting good value for your rates.
- Mangawhai Community Park Governance Committee
- Taharoa Domain Governance Committee (Chair)
- Audit, Risk and Finance
- Awards and Grants Committee (2nd half of term)
- Kiwi Sport/Rural Travel Fund Committee (Chair)