Andrew Wade grew up locally. Early in his working career he completed a plumbing apprenticeship and has travelled extensively.
Along with wife Jeanette they have been running Wade Concrete Products for the past 27 years in the Dargaville Township.
Andrew’s key focus areas are:
- Working alongside ratepayers who are shareholders helping individuals and communities to achieve their aims
- Ensuring Dargaville's water supply for now and for future growth is reliable and sustainable
- Ensuring that Council has the ability and planning to replace ageing infrastructure and that this be affordable to the community
- Creating a strategy plan to attract business and tourism to Kaipara
- Helping to get as much of ratepayers money back into physical works and money circulating back into the community
Andrew is looking forward to working with good leadership and has every intention of retiring here.