Under the Building Act 2004, Kaipara District Council is proposing to transfer the power to approve Independent Qualified Persons (IQPs) from Whangarei District Council to Auckland Council.
IQPs are those parties accepted by Council as being qualified to carry out responsibilities in relation to Building Warrants of Fitness (BWoF).
Whangarei District Council (WDC) currently maintains the register of IQPs for Northland’s three district councils (Whangarei District Council, Far North District Council and Kaipara District Council). The current system is inefficient and outdated and there are a number of positive outcomes to be gained through the transfer - read the consultation document below for more information.
- Feedback opens 11 September 2023
- Feedback closes 5pm, 11 October 2023
- Hearings: 12 October 2023.
To give your feedback:
- Read about the proposed Transfer of Powers (Statement of Proposal and submission form)
- Give us your feedback online