Kaipara District Council is uniting with New Zealanders against the COVID-19. This page outlines the services that are available during the Government's COVID-19 Level 2 alert.
This information may change. Please check for updates.
Businesses in genuine hardship following the Covid-19 lockdown may be eligible for a Council grant to offset their costs. Go to the Covid 19 Business Support page for more information and application forms.
Read more on the Hardship Package.
Other ways the Council is supporting those in need
The business support package builds on initiatives the Council already has underway to help individuals and businesses that need it. It includes:
- Providing options for payment plans and penalty remissions
- Providing rates postponement options for those in financial hardship
- Holding fees and charges at 2019 levels (except where costs to Council have increased)
- Seeking Government funding to accelerate capital projects that will provide employment and long term benefits.
- Mayoral Taskforce to network, advocate for, inform, support and work with others to lead Kaipara communities
- Reducing the previously-agreed average rates increase for 2020/2021 Annual Plan average from 4.83% to 3.97%
Updates on specific areas of council, and how things have changed to combat COVID-19.
08 June 2020
Our front desks at Dargaville and Mangawhai are now open.
Dargaville hours: 0800 - 1630
Mangawhai hours: 0900 - 1600
You can also make your payments online.
Libraries (Dargaville & Community)
08 June 2020
- Opening hours are reduced and only for our click and collect initially.
- My Book Bag is our new click and collect system – check our website for details .
- Wifi is back on 24/7 at all five libraries
- After hours returns slots are open at all libraries apart from Paparoa
- We will increase services and hours as we are able, & the community libraries will be doing the same.
Keep an eye on our website and Facebook page for updates, or you can call us at any time on 0800 532 542, or email us: email@example.com
Thursday 14 May 2020
Recycling collection (from roadside) will start as normal effective Monday 18 May 2020.
Recycling (glass, plastics, cardboard) that was taken before lockdown, can now be taken to the transfer stations effective Thursday 14 May 2020.
Rubbish and Transfer Stations will be open in Kaipara (Dargaville and Hakaru).
- Dargaville Transfer Station will be reopening from Wed 29 April
- Opening Hours are Wed to Fri 9 – 4pm & Sat 10 – 4pm (Closed Sun – Tues)
- Hakaru Transfer Station will be reopened normal hours from Tuesday 28th April.
Items that can be taken to the Transfer Station are
- General Refuse,
- Scrap Metal/Whiteware,
- Green Waste and
Vehicles will be limited into the facility. There will be queues, so please be patient.
Please ensure physical distancing as you offload.
Staff will not be available to assist you in offloading.
EFTPOS ONLY Transactions.
To keep our Contractors and their families safe please - If you have rubbish that has been generated in an infected household or where someone is in isolation please double bag and seal. Please do not put this rubbish out until a period of 72 hours has passed since producing it.
You can still complete most of your business online
Register your service request online or phone 0800 727 059
You can use:
- Direct Debit
- Automatic Payment
- Internet Banking or Bill Payment
- Lodge a consent application
Many of the Council’s services will remain available online, for example
This is the main government site containing information for individuals, businesses and community groups. It shows what help is available and latest updates.