The Raupo Drainage Committee is the longest serving committee in the district, and was formally known as the Raupo Drainage Board before the 1989 amalgamations. Over the years its role and responsibilities have varied, but its main function is to help govern the Raupo Drainage District by advising Council and acting as a voice for Raupo ratepayers.
Both councillors and ratepayers sit on the Committee, working co-operatively for the District. The ratepayer representatives on the Committee are elected every 3 years, in the same year as the Local Authorities Elections (next one being in October 2019).
The 2019 timetable for the Raupo Drainage Committee elections is:
- July - Nomination forms will be mailed out to all Raupo Drainage Targeted Rate ratepayers
- Friday 12 July - Nominations open
- Friday 09 August - Nominations close
- August - Ballot papers will be mailed out to all Raupo Drainage Targeted Rate ratepayers (if required – Council may not hold a full election if there are 5 or less nominees)
- Saturday 07 September - Election day, voting to close at noon
- September - Final results will be advertised in the local newspaper (Kaipara Lifestyler)
To be nominated, or sign as the nominator, you must be a ratepayer in the Raupo Drainage District (‘Raupo Drainage Targeted Rate’ on your rates invoice). The nomination form can be found here. You can post, email or drop off your nomination forms at the Council offices.
For further information, the current Raupo Drainage Committee Triennial Election Rules can be found here.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Council on 0800 727 059 and ask to speak to a Governance Advisor.