Joining the library is easy!
- If you are 15 or under you can join the Dargaville library as a Junior member. Simply pop into the library and fill out a Junior membership form with your name and address or bring in a completed form if you already have one.
- This is all free.
- Once you have signed up you can enjoy borrowing from the library!
- If your family are already library members you can still ask for your own Junior membership card! Just enquire at the front desk.
A few words on how the library works
- You can borrow most items for free from Dargaville library – you are only required to pay a rental fee for DVDs and rental fictions. EVERYTHING else is free to borrow and use. All you have to do is be a responsible library member, take care of what you borrow and return it so others can enjoy it too. Simple, really.
- Remember… most items you borrow are issued to you for three weeks (DVDs and magazines are one week issues, and there is a $1.00 fine per day if rental DVDs are returned late). When you borrow an item you will be given a printout telling you what items you have on issue and when they are due back. Keep this printout in a handy place – sticking it on the fridge is ideal or use it as a bookmark.
- If you need an item for longer you can call the library and ask for it to be renewed (as long as no one else is waiting to borrow the item this should be no problem). You can also renew items online – just ask library staff to set you up with a PIN number. You can also renew books by popping into the library with your card and asking a staff member. Easy peasy!
- If you forget to renew your item/s the library will send you a letter reminding you to renew or return them. If you still do not get the item/s back to us the library will send another letter. If you are really forgetful and the library has to send a third letter a $5.00 fine will be added to your card. A good reason to return or renew your books on time!