How do I apply for a Dargaville Library card?
It is easy to join the library and free for Kaipara residents and ratepayers over the age of 16.
1. Personal identification that has your name and signature. These include:
All you need is:
2. Proof of address less than three months old – such as:
- New Zealand Driver’s Licence;
- Community Services Card;
- Current Passport.
3. A completed application form - which is to be signed in front of a staff member.
- an account or invoice;
- a letter from a Government authority e.g. WINZ;
- a bank printout;
- a tenancy agreement.
*If you are under 16 years of age please talk to library staff about Junior membership! It's easy.
Your library card is your personal responsibility
When you sign your borrowers application form you are agreeing to:
- Return all material in good condition;
- Pay for any damaged or lost items;
- Pay any late return fees;
- Notify the library of any change of contact details;
- Notify the library if your card is lost or stolen.
Using your card
Always bring your card when you come to the library. You need your card to:
- Borrow items;
- Renew items;
- Check your file;
- Use free public computers in the Dargaville Library;
- Access free E-books and E-magazines .
- Look after your card! If you lose it you will have to pay a fee to obtain another card. See Fees and Charges;
- Please inform the library if your address or telephone number change or if your card is lost or stolen;
- DO NOT lend your card to anyone and do not lend items borrowed out on your card;
- DO bring any damaged items to the attention of staff. Please do not try to mend the item yourself;
- DO bring your card when you visit.