How do I apply for a Dargaville Library card?
It is easy to join the library and free for Kaipara residents and ratepayers over the age of 16*.
1. Personal identification that has your name and signature. These include:
All you need is:
2. Proof of address less than three months old – such as:
- New Zealand Driver’s Licence;
- Community Services Card;
- Current Passport.
3. A completed application form - which is to be signed in front of a staff member.
- an account or invoice;
- a letter from a Government authority e.g. WINZ;
- a bank printout;
- a tenancy agreement.
*If you are under 16 years of age please talk to library staff about Junior membership! It's easy.
*Please check Community Libraries for their joining criteria.
Your library card is your personal responsibility
When you sign your borrowers application form you are agreeing to:
- Return all material in good condition;
- Pay for any damaged or lost items;
- Pay any late return fees;
- Notify the library of any change of contact details;
- Notify the library if your card is lost or stolen.
Using your card
Always bring your card when you come to the library. You need your card to:
- Borrow items;
- Renew items;
- Check your file;
- Use free public computers in the Dargaville Library;
- Access free E-books and E-magazines .
- Look after your card! If you lose it you will have to pay a fee to obtain another card. See Fees and Charges;
- Please inform the library if your address or telephone number change or if your card is lost or stolen;
- DO NOT lend your card to anyone and do not lend items borrowed out on your card;
- DO bring any damaged items to the attention of staff. Please do not try to mend the item yourself;
- DO bring your card when you visit.