How Do I Apply For A Library Card?
It is easy to join the Library, and free for Kaipara residents and ratepayers over the age of 16*. All you need is:
*If you are under 16 years of age please talk to library staff about Junior membership! Its easy.
Your Card Is Your Personal Responsibility
When you sign your borrowers application form you are agreeing to:
- Return all material in good condition
- Pay for any damaged or lost items
- Pay any late return fees
- Notify the Library of any change of contact details
- Notify the Library if your card is lost or stolen.
Using Your Card
Always bring your card when you come to the Library. You need your card to:
Check your file.
- Look after your card! If you lose it you will have to pay a fee to obtain another card. See Fees and Charges.
- Please inform the Library if your address or telephone number change or if your card is lost or stolen.
- DO NOT lend your card to anyone and do not lend items borrowed out on your card. Treat your Library card like you would your bankcard.
- DO bring any damaged items to the attention of staff. Please do not try to mend the item yourself.
- DO bring your card when you visit - no card, no borrowing!