Our collection includes:
- Best Sellers – get the latest from super popular authors - $3 for one week issue. $1 per day late fees apply.
- Rental Fiction – check out the latest reads – only $1 for three weeks.
- DVDs - Borrow anything from blockbusters, comedies, docos, art house films and children's movies from our range of DVDs. Ask for a Loyalty Card next time you are in the Library. $3 for one week issue. $1 per day late fees apply.
- Free Fiction - We have thousands of books; thrillers, romances, science fiction, fantasy, family sagas, classics and everything in between.
- Magazines and Newspapers - We have lots of great magazines, including Cosmopolitan, New Zealand Gardener, NZ Fishing News, NZ Performance Car,NZ House&Garden, New Zealand Horse and Pony, Consumer, Boating, North&South, NZ Outdoor Hunting, National Geographic, Cuisine, Lifestyle Block, Handyman. You can also pop in to read the NZ Herald or local papers.
- Music CDs - We have an ever-increasing collection of music CDs, from Led Zeppelin to Miley Cyrus, Bob Marley to the Kings of Leon.
- Junior Section - Picture books, chapter books, junior readers and talking books... lots of great stuff!
- Junior Readers - Helping your child learn to read? These books are colour-coded into eight different reading levels for the beginner to the more advanced reader. Available in English and Te Reo.
- Teens - Our Teen section has some awesome fiction and non-fiction. We also have some great Graphic Novels (comics).
- NZ, Maori and General Non-fiction - We have an extensive range of factual books for people of all ages. Check out books on cooking, DIY, gardening, sport, travel, biographies and more. There is something for everyone. Maori non-fiction is all available in one section of the library for ease of access.
- Large Print - Check out our Large Print section. These books have extra large print - great for night-time reading.
- Talking Books - Check out our range of Talking Books on CD, tape, and playaway (mp3). These are exchanged regularly and are great to listen to while driving, doing the housework or some other project!
- Funding Database - Through Generosity NZ you can access givUS (community funding resource) and givME (individual scholarship database) from home, by entering your library card number when prompted. Otherwise pop into the library to use.
- Interloans - Interloans are items (books, movies, articles etcetera) that we borrow from outside the Kaipara District on your behalf. Call in and see staff for more details.
- E-books- Free E-books are available by using your library card and PIN number. Check a wide range of fictions and non-fictions from Overdrive and Australian and New Zealand popular authors' books from Borrowbox.
- E-magzines- Free E-magazine access by using your library card. Please check Zinio for libraries.
Our services include:
- Internet - Did you know that internet use is free at the Dargaville Public Library? We are a part of the Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa and have five internet computers and wireless available.
- Photocopying - We have a self-service photocopier, so pop in next time you would like to photocopy something. Black and White - $0.20 A4 and $0.40 A3. Colour - $3.50 A4, $6.00 A3. (Double-sided is double the price)
- Print- Black and White print only. You can print from our Free public computers. $0.20 per sheet.
- Fax- within NZ: $1 per page; international: $3 per page
- No scan service available