- Over 50 eMagazines
- Free to library members
- Download to your PC or portable device
- Keep as long as you like
- No checkout limits, no fines
What do you need to use the service?
N.B if you already subscribe to magazines via Zinio you can use the same log-in details in your RBdigital account
- to use the latest version of an internet browser (e.g. Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer 9 or higher) to download magazines from Zinio
- Your library card
- An account created by using your email addess and password
To get started
1 Create an account
You will receive a welcome email to confirm your account has been created.
- Visit Northland Libraries Zinio eMagazines
- Click 'Create New Account' in the top right-hand corner
- Enter your library card barcode number
- Enter your details and click 'Create account'
2 Find an eMagazine to check out
- Use the search box or genre dropdown list to find an eMagazine to read
- Click on the cover of the eMagazine you would like to read
- Click 'Checkout' button
3 Read your checked out eMagazine
After you click 'Checkout', a pop-up box will open.
Click 'Start reading' to read eMagazines in a compatible browser on any mobile device or computer
Zinio for Libraries
- Phones and tablets: There are two Zinio apps to choose from:
app – use this if you only want to see eMagazine titles that are free from your library. It has a cleaner interface.
/ iPad and iPhone
The app is only for reading checked out magazines.
All checkouts need to be made through your account in Northland Libraries Zinio eMagazines website through an internet enabled browser.
Once checked out, your emagazines will be available to download/read simultaneously from Zinio.com and in any Zinio apps that you have linked to your Zinio for Libraries' collection account.
- PC or Mac: Zinio Reader 4
This allows easier storage of back issues, organisation of titles, and bookmarks.
- Chromebook and others:
NO app available for offline reading, however online reading may be possible